Current docs (work-in-progress)¶
The following in-progress documents are written for early adopters and contributors, MUA developers and privacy enthusiasts.
discusses the motiviation, technical, social and design approaches of Autocrypt.
- Example Data Flows and State Transitions
Example data flows and MUA state transitions. This may be the easiest place to get started with the concrete ideas behind Autocrypt.
- Autocrypt Level 1: Enabling encryption, avoiding annoyances
Minimum requirements and implementer guidance for Level 1 Autocrypt-capable MUAs.
- Autocrypt-capable MUAs level 1 implementation status
Client implementation status.
- Interoperability With Other Cryptographic E-mail Mechanisms
Guidance for integrating Autocrypt with other e-mail encryption mechanisms and UI for existing MUAs.
- Future Enhancements to Autocrypt
Future improvements for Autocrypt, beyond Level 1.
- Potential ecosystem dangers of Autocrypt
Some documented risks and dangers to the mail ecosystem, related to Autocrypt.
- Autocrypt bot
Description of the Autocrypt bot.